It’s no secret that getting your tan on is terrible for your skin, and tanning beds? Well they ain’t so great either. So what is a girl to do if she wants to rock her inner sun goddess but save the skin damage? Make your own self tanner of course!
That’s right! You can give yourself a bronzed glow from the comforts of your own home for, oh, TWO DOLLAS! *leaping fist pump*
And what’s even better is that this at-home tanning recipe I’m about to bestow on all you beauties is not only cheap but it’s also healthy for your skin and will last for about 4 days!
I mean, today is a damn good day.
All you have to do is:
1. Grab yourself a clean spray bottle, 4 black tea bags, and 2 cups of water.
2. Find a spot in your bathroom you don’t mind getting a little messy in, such as the shower or your bathtub.
3. Boil your water and let your tea bags steep for about 15 minutes.
4. While your teabags are steeping, have a quick shower to get any excess oil or sweat off your body so your tan doesn’t end up looking streaky and will dry evenly.
5. Once you are done your shower, are completely dried off, and your tea has cooled down enough to touch without burning you, simply pour your tea, sans tea bags, into your spray bottle and sit down in your bathtub or shower.
6. Then spray yourself evenly with your tea mixture, giving it time to soak in and dry before doing your next coat.
*I find it best to do one body part at a time and let that section dry before moving onto another area so you can be sure your tan looks exactly how you want it to look.*
7. If you are after a darker shade, spray yourself a third or fourth time until you get your desired color.
8. Make sure that you are fully dry before getting dressed as you don’t want to run the risk of staining your clothes.
Et voila! A healthy, cheap, at-home tanning recipe that won’t leave you looking like Snooki! Not that there’s anything wrong with that….wait….yes there is.
Of course if you eventually grow tired of DIY’ing you can always order yourself a badass sunless tanner so you can keep your summertime glow year round. My favorite right now is Fake Bake Flawless. Just be sure you check out my post on how to fix a bad fake tan, you know, in case you overdo it on the spray tanning.
Now I want to hear from you ladies! Do you have any DIY tricks for tanning that you want to share or are you thinking of giving this DIY tanner trick a try? Leave a comment and share your DIY tricks, thoughts, experiences, or even questions below. Happy tanning, you sun goddesses you!
Haven’t Downloaded A Copy Of My Tanning Book Yet?
- Homemade recipes for sun and sunless tanning lotions.
- Tanning accelerators
- Pre-tanning scrubs
- And WAAAAY more!
All you need to do is pick up a copy of my Amazon Kindle book – “Getting Baked: Home Remedies For Tanning” for ONLY $3.99!
Just click the order button and download your copy instantly from Amazon. And if for some reason you’re not a fan of my writing skills (rude!), you can always ask for a refund, no questions asked.